Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Valentines Trip...

Ah Valentine's Day...the holiday of love. Men by nature, I have discovered, are not romantic beings. Therefore the day of love can be a challenge. What is a good, romantic gift from a man to his wife?
I think this year my own husband outdid himself. He surprised me with a trip out west to San Fransisco to spend a few days with my dear-old-dad and his wife. We went through the Oakland Temple, drove across the Golden Gate Bridge, Walked along the pier, ate more delicious food than was good for us (etc, etc, etc).
One of our favorite activities was the pasta night in which my dad taught Brett how to make homemade pasta. Not only was it fun for me to watch (and snap shots of), but it was even better to eat. My dad is famous for his gourmet abilities and he did not let us down.






We also went on an outing to Muir Beach. I enjoyed visiting the city of San Fransisco, but I think I prefer the hiking and exploring we did at the beach. It was freezing (whatever happened to CA being warm all year round????), but absolutely beautiful.
I've gotta say...my husband knew what he was doing. Best Valentines Day ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment