Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On a boat in Annapolis


My family owns a sailboat in Annapolis and I have to say that some of the best 4th of July fireworks I have seen have been from that boat. There is just something about seeing the explosions reflected in the water that makes them look that much cooler.
We started out the trip at around 2pm by motoring out to where the fireworks would be set off. We got out the raft and took turns being dragged behind the boat...very fun. We ate dinner, read a book, played Who Wants to be a Millionaire on Keith's phone, and really just relaxed...cause that's what you do on a sailboat.
By 9:10pm the fireworks started, and I don't know if it was just me, but the show seemed to last much longer than in years past. I'm not complaining. It was great!
What made the whole trip even better is that I didn't get even a slight sunburn. I've gotta say; that's quite an accomplishment for me. Thank you spray-on sunblock! I'll never go back to lotion again.

Brett about to jump onto the raft from the sailboat.

Enjoying the view.


Tots is a creep.


Boats gathering for the show.


See what I mean about the reflection???

No comments:

Post a Comment