Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cookin'

Since being married I have come to love cooking and trying out new types of food. One style of cooking I have ALWAYS wanted to try was Indian. I've just always found most recipes daunting...huge lists of ingredients, hours of simmering sauces, and complicated ways of cooking meat. I finally tried my hand at making Chicken Tikka Masala. It was fantastic. It did require a lot of ingredients, time, and dishes; but it was SO worth it! Now I am just looking for an excuse to make it again.
Most recently I tried making Saag Paneer. I had more confidence after trying the Tikka Masala, but still the process of making my own paneer (a simple indian cheese) was intimidating. I was shocked when I had finished. Not only was the paneer fairly simple to make, I actually had a lot of fun doing it! I decided to document the process:

Separating the curds from the whey

Finished cheese!

Choppin' the cheese

The Saag simmering


1 comment: